Walking In The Air

 Walking In The Air  

The original is written by Howard Blake for The Snowman animated film (1982) 

This song is already secular. I just want to make it more wintery. The original words still constitute most of the song, but the first time they reference winter isn't until near the end, which I underlined. In the third verse, I found the words 'river' and 'stream' to be unnecessarily redundant, so I changed “The rivers and the” to “o’er snowy covered”. 

We're walking in the air  
We're floating in the midnight sky  
The people far below  
They greet us as we fly  

I'm holding very tight 

While floating like the snowflakes do   
I'm finding I can fly   

So high above with you   

   
Far across the world   

We fly along as cities sleep,   

O'er snowy covered hills   

And forests' frozen stream 

 

Children gaze open mouth  
Taken by surprise  
Nobody down below   

Believes their eyes  

 

We're surfing in the air  
We're swimming in the frozen sky  
We're drifting over icy  
Mountains floating by  

 

Suddenly swooping low  
On an ocean deep  
Rousing up a frosty monster  
From his sleep  
   
We're walking in the air  
We're dancing in the midnight sky  
And everyone who sees us  
Greets us as we fly  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Secular Carols (and their original titles)

Dark! The winter solstice night (Hark! The Herald Angels Sing)

8 Rejoices of Winter (The 7 Rejoices of Mary)