The Warmth Of Winter (Legănelul Lui Iisus)

 The Warmth Of Winter (Legănelul Lui Iisus) 

LegănelulLuiIsus is a Romanian song by Valentin Teodorian, born June 4th, 1928, died May 18th, 1995. I found very little information about him aside from his career in musical performance. I haven't found a date for when this was written. The recording I listen to is by Alexia Alb. 

High upon a frosty hill 

Where the sky is brightly lit  

In the snow the people play 

During these, the darker days  

   

Chorus:  

Warm little home, safe and sound 

Softest blankets wrapped around,  

Warm little home, safe and sound  

Softest blankets wrapped around  

   

Sweet wind gently, gently sways,  

Mild sunlight on shorter days  

Bathes the frozen ground and trees  

Branches swinging in the breeze.  

   

Chorus  

   

Choir of the winter birds sing   

Truth in the season's caroling  

As the sky's white glittering  

Snowfall is cascading 

 

   

Chorus  

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Secular Carols (and their original titles)

Dark! The winter solstice night (Hark! The Herald Angels Sing)

8 Rejoices of Winter (The 7 Rejoices of Mary)