Do you hear what I hear? (Bing Crosby)
Do you hear what I hear? (Bing Crosby)
This is a song written in October 1962, with lyrics by Noël Regney and music by Gloria Shayne. The pair, married at the time, wrote it as a plea for peace during the Cuban Missile Crisis. Regney had been invited by a record producer to write a Christmas song, but he was hesitant due to the commercialism of Christmas. It has sold tens of millions of copies and has been covered by hundreds of artists. - Wikipedia
If fiction is the name of the game, I figured I’d move to a fiction that is not associated with dogma and unsubstantiated truth claims. Here is the second of two songs I’ve so far done in appreciation of LOTR. It’s not wintery but that’s ok. Still fun, and kept the original song’s endeavor to move from conflict to resolution and peace.
Said the night wind to its wizard friend
Do you see what I see?
Way up in the sky, wizard friend
Do you see what I see?
An omen,
Dancing in the night
With the portents of terrifying fright
With the portents of terrifying fright
Said the wizard to his hobbit friend
Do you hear what I hear
Ringing through the sky, hobbit friend
Do you hear what I hear
the Nazgul
Riding through the tress
Upon horses charging mightily
Upon horses charging mightily
Said the wizard gray to Sauron's eye
Do you know what I know?
Said the evil minions guarding Sauron's Eye
Do you know what I know?
A pair of hobbits
Striving up the hill
Will destroy that ring, even still
Will destroy that ring, even still.
The eye of sauron, vanquished everywhere
Take a pause and listen
Behold the peace, spreading everywhere
Take a pause and listen
The h-----obbits
made it through the fight
To vanquish the terrifying fright (2x)
Alternate end:
The hobbits, they
Made it all the way
To bring us goodness today
To bring us goodness today
Comments
Post a Comment